Hello, today I'm sharing some of the behind the scenes stuff that I've been up to lately.
After a frenzy of card making, challenges and ATC trading in January that I thoroughly enjoyed I decided to clean up and store winter, supplies that is.
Spring is right around the corner and that's my focus as I change out my crafting space. For the past several weeks I've been taking Totally Tiffany's get organized challenge. She has some good ideas that I'm hoping will help me deal with having my craft supplies in two spots. I know that after three years I should have figured something out. But I'm still hauling too much stuff back and forth each weekend and always find I'm missing just the thing I need to keep going with a project. Like last week I had cards to get in the mail and I forgot my envelopes so off I go to buy more, again.
For my storage I decided to go with the 8.5 x 11 page protectors I have on hand, put into colour coordinated binders. Red binder for red and pink supplies, orange binder for orange and yellow, green binder for green and brown, blue binder for blue and purple, gray binder for gray, blacks and metallic and last but not least a white binder for clear, iridescent, creams and white. All of these are in a milk crate that makes it easy to transport.
Along with colour coordinating supplies I've been compacting the size of my stamp collection. This saves shelf space and makes it easy to transport multiple sets at once. Below you can see nine stamp sets fit into one double DVD case.
I used the stickers that came with the stamps and adhered them onto acetate panels (re-used packaging). I can now see at a glance what I have and it makes it a breeze to return stamps to their sets after use. As an added bonus I can use the images on the panels to help with placement of stamps on my projects. :)
Thanks for looking!
Hello and welcome! I took advantage of a break in the weather today to harvest some rhubarb, asparagus and chervil. The rhubarb sits at ...
Hello, Today I attended a crop put on by Sherri at Hulcar hall. It was a lot of fun and I managed to turn some stash into six lovely cards....
Hello! This card was made for the March Card Chain Challenge . I managed to use most of the required items on it including the colour sche...