Thursday, February 19, 2015

Art Journal Portrait Page

Hello!
This is just a quick share of a portrait page I did in my Art Journal.

The journal is 9" x 12", 140# watercolour paper that provides a lot of texture when colouring or painting.
For my portrait I used pencil crayons and W/C paints.
It's been over 20 years since I've done a portrait. The inspiration struck in the last few minutes of watching a TV program so all but the initial oval sketched is from memory only.

What's an art journal for if not for trying new things or things that move us outside of our comfort zone. What will you add to yours, the mystery of what's next is what makes it fun! :)

Have a crafty day!
Jutta

No comments:

Post a Comment

TJ Goddess Art Journal Completed

Welcome to the final installment of this journal. It has been made with many gifted or found papers and bits of stash. It celebrates the con...