Thursday, January 29, 2015

Wooden Pencil Box

Hello friends!

Today I have 3 posts to share with you. The first is quick and inexpensive home decor item that will make a nice little gift. I decorated this wooden pencil box with paper crafting supplies and some sealer coat.
Wooden Pencil Box (before sealer)

This started as a plain unfinished box I picked up at a dollar store. I dyed the lid and sides with milled lavender distress stain. I then randomly stamped butterflies all over the top with lilac distress ink. Next I added some picket white distress stain, this caused the butterflies to blur leaving only bits of colour. I'm okay with the result so I didn't re-stamp the butterflies. After lid dried I stamped the Quietfire Design I write you letters quote and design elements stamps in Timber Brown Staz On ink. I covered the entire lid with some crackle paste when this was completely dry I added some vintage photo distress ink to all corners and lightly across lid to further distress.

I like that the stamping looks a bit like wood-burning but so much easier. :)

Be back in a bit with a fun Valentine project.

Keeping it crafty,
Jutta


1 comment:

  1. I did think it was wood burning! Now that is cool! Thanks, Jutta...I need to try that now!

    ReplyDelete

TJ Goddess Art Journal Completed

Welcome to the final installment of this journal. It has been made with many gifted or found papers and bits of stash. It celebrates the con...